Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) has been the subject of more than 20 human and animal studies, and researchers found that AHCC is beneficial to treat cancers due to its antitumor properties.
These Shiitake mushrooms extract have been known for centuries for their healing properties in Asian medicine, whereby AHCC is used in over 700 clinics and hospitals in Japan, mainly used against most tumors in cancer treatment.
According to Journal of Clinical Oncology, a nationwide survey on Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in Japan revealed a high prevalence of CAM use among cancer patients:
- The prevalence of CAM use was 44.6% (1,382 of 3,100) in cancer patients, and 25.5% (92 of 361) in noncancer patients with benign tumors.
- Most CAM users with cancer (96.2%) used products such as mushrooms and herbs.
We look into the medical study, clinical results, and AHCC supplement user reviews on the use of AHCC as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in cancer treatment. For instance:
AHCC Cancer Research: Tumor Surveillance Enhancement
Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, USA.
AHCC enhances tumor surveillance through regulating both innate and adaptive immune responses
AHCC has been implicated to modulate immune functions and plays a protective role against infection. In this study, C57BL/6 mice were orally administered AHCC or water, followed by tumor cell inoculation, shown in comparison to pure water-treated mice.
Results / Conclusion:
Results demonstrated that AHCC treatment significantly delayed tumor development, and AHCC can enhance tumor immune surveillance through regulating both innate and adaptive immune responses.
Click To Learn More Specifically On Each Cancer Treatment, AHCC Medical / Clinical Results, AHCC dosage for cancer treatment, and AHCC Cancer Patients’ Testimonials / Experiences:
- AHCC Breast Cancer
- AHCC Cervical Cancer
- AHCC Chemotherapy
- AHCC Colon Cancer
- AHCC Liver Cancer
- AHCC Lung Cancer
- AHCC Ovarian Cancer
- AHCC Prostate Cancer
How Does AHCC Work as Natural Complementary Cancer Treatment
Medical studies conducted on AHCC show that this natural mushroom extract is an useful complementary treatment for various cancers.
Active Hexose Correlated Compounds supplement, usually available in the form of capsules and can be purchased over the counter, works by boosting the body immune system of cancer patients through:
- acting as a natural immune modulator to increase the number of Natural Killer (NK) cells, cytokines, and dendritic cells that support the body to fight off infections and tumor growth.
- increasing production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α), which is a group of protein that facilitates the destruction of the cancer cells by activating apoptosis (also known as programmed cell death).
- promoting production of interleukins IL-2 and IL-12, which inhibits a growth tumor by suppressing the production of the tumor growth factor – while promoting NK cells activity as well as increase the rate of differentiation and proliferation of T cells.
Dr. Geovanni Espinosa, Director of the Integrative Urological Center at New York University Langone Medical Center, further discusses AHCC and its use in cancer patients in brief video below.
Most clinical studies and user reviews indicate daily dosage of 3 grams AHCC for cancer.
- International Journal of Clinical Medicine revealed “AHCC up to 3 grams is safe to administer and definitely helps cancer patients in reducing side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs“.
- A study was done on 3 patients who were suffering from different types of advanced cancer. They were administered with 3g and 6g of AHCC daily for two weeks. After the two weeks, the patients recorded an increase in the NK cell anti-cancer activity. The increase in the anti-cancer activity of the NK cells continued at an increased rate for one week before it started declining two weeks after the treatment.
- Another study was conducted by Dr Mamdooh Ghoneum, who examined the AHCC’s immunomodulatory function and involved 17 patients who had various advanced malignancies. They were administered with 3g of AHCC daily for two to six months. The tests showed that there was an increase in the NK cell activity from the second week of the treatment. The activity increased further up to six months after treatment. This showed that the AHCC stimulates the NK cells by strengthening their binding capacity to tumor cell targets, and also increasing the granularity of the NK cells.