According to American Cancer Society, the percentage of Americans developing colon or rectum cancer (also called colorectal cancer) is the third most common cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the United States, with the number of colorectal cancer cases in the US for 2015 are:
- 93,090 new cases of colon cancer.
- 39,610 new cases of rectal cancer.
We look into the medical study, clinical results, expert interviews, and AHCC supplement user reviews on the use of AHCC as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in colon cancer treatment:
AHCC Colon Cancer Research #1: Clinical Study, Results.
Prognostic improvement of patients with advanced liver cancer after AHCC treatment
A prospective cohort study was performed with 44 patients with histologically confirmed liver cancer. Survival time, quality of life, clinical and immunological parameters related to liver function, cellular immunity, and patient status were determined. Of the 44 patients, 34 and 10 received AHCC and placebo (control) orally, respectively.
Results / Conclusion:
- Patients in the AHCC treated-group had a significantly prolonged survival when compared to the control group.
- After 3 months of AHCC treatment, patients showed significantly improved quality of life in terms of mental stability, general physical health status, and ability to have normal activities.
- This study suggests that AHCC intake could prolong the survival and improve the prognosis of patients with advanced liver cancer and delay the gradual decline of their physiological status.
AHCC Colon Cancer Research #2: Clinical Study, Dosage, Results.
Natural Medicine Journal
Does AHCC have an effect on the survival rate of patients with gastric cancer or colon cancer?
A clinical study was performed on 113 patients diagnosed with colon cancer. Time to treatment failure (disease recurrence or death) and ten parameters related to liver function after surgery were examined.
For stage I, II or III patients: 3 grams of AHCC per day (1 g three times per day).
For stage IV patients: 6 grams of AHCC per day (2 g three times per day).
Results / Conclusion:
- Improved cumulative 5-year survival rates for patients with colon cancer (stage II to stage IIIA) compared with other Japanese institutions
- AHCC is a potent BRM that may improve survival in patients with early stage gastric or colon cancer and warrants further investigation as an adjunctive immunotherapeutic in gastric and colon cancer treatment.
Best AHCC Supplement Brands and Dosage Review
Just as the clinical study above and user reviews that primarily used 3 grams AHCC dose daily –
the International Journal of Clinical Medicine also have similar dosage recommendation that “AHCC up to 3 grams is safe to administer and definitely helps cancer patients in reducing side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs“.
For 3 grams, i.e. 3000 milligrams (mg) daily – based on the best AHCC supplement brands below for examples:
Take 6 capsules (500mg) daily, 3 times a day.
I.e. Total 3 grams a day taken on an empty stomach, 1 hour before food.
|Brand||ImmunoKinoko||Kinoko Platinum||Kinoko Gold AHCC||NOW Foods AHCC
|AHCC per Capsule|
|Capsules per Bottle|
|1 Month Supply|
|3 Months Supply|
|6 Months Supply|
AHCC Colon Cancer: User Forum Reviews, Results, Testimonials.
- OffTheWall commented at Cancers Survivors Network:
‘My husband (age 78) has stage 4 colon cancer – diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago. Transverse colon was removed. He is on his 3rd round of chemo (5-FU) – and has been taking AHCC (active hexose correlated compounds) with the chemo. Takes about 3 grams per day. His CEA goes steadily down when on chemo & AHCC… Looks like he might go into remission again (much to the surprise of the doctors) – I will check in again if his next PET is clear. It does look like the AHCC is doing the job..
- Yaziza shared at Cancer Compass:
‘I am a believer in the healing effects of natural products. My dad just started taking the AHCC and his blood test is showing that his killer cells are up. He is 72 Stage IV colon cancer DX about 3 yrs ago.‘
- Alex Karr commented at Colon Cancer Coalition:
‘..I was diagnosed with colon cancer on Sept 18, 2008. Within a week, I went into surgery. A tumor the size of a coke can was removed, metastases discovered in the lymph nodes and liver, and I was staged at IV… I took AHCC, Vitamin K2 (on recommendation of naturopath), L-Glutamine (to reduce neuropathy), Vitamin D, Curcumin, Green tea extract and multivitamin… To go to the brink, to realize how short and precious life is, and then be given another lease … I am so grateful!‘
Colon Cancer: AHCC Supplement User Reviews and Results
Recommended Read: Useful Items That Improve Colon Cancer Patient’s Quality of Life