According to American Cancer Society, ovarian cancer ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women, with about half of the women who are diagnosed with ovarian cancer are 63 years or older. The statistics of ovarian cancer in the United States for 2016 are:
- About 22,280 women will receive a new diagnosis of ovarian cancer.
- About 14,240 women will die from ovarian cancer.
We look into the medical study, clinical results, expert interviews, and AHCC supplement user reviews on the use of AHCC as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in ovarian cancer treatment:
AHCC Ovarian Cancer Research #1: Study, Side Effects, Results.
Evaluation of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) in combination with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) for treatment of ovarian cancer
A preclinical study was designed to evaluate the in vitro growth inhibition and confirm the in vivo activity of AHCC alone and when given in combination with PLD.
Results / Conclusion:
In vitro growth inhibition assays were completed with AHCC alone and in combination with PLD in panel of human cancer cell lines, and findings confirmed in vivo in an ovarian cancer xenograft mouse model. The combination of AHCC with PLD demonstrated:
- a 64.1% reduction in tumor growth compared to the untreated group.
- a 31.2% improvement in tumor response with combination regimen compared to PLD alone.
- no difference in toxicity was observed in the control or treatment groups.
There is potential improvement in PLD activity when co-administered with AHCC and decrease side effects of PLD.
AHCC Ovarian Cancer Research #2: Clinical Study, Results.
Does AHCC have immunomodulatory and anti-cancer effects in cancer patients?
11 cancer patients with advanced malignancies were treated with AHCC for up to 17 months. Tumor-associated antigens (TAAs) for each type of malignancy was measured prior to AHCC treatment and at 3- to 40-week intervals. Natural killer (NK) cell activity was also monitored.
3 grams of AHCC per day.
Supplementation with AHCC showed positive clinical results with:
- A significant decline in TAA occurred in 8 out of the 11 patients with different types of malignancies.
- CA 125 levels in 2 out of 3 (66%) ovarian cancer patients decreased as early as 1 to 2 months and reached normal levels within 1 to 4 months.
- Significant decline in the level of PSA in 2 out of 3 (66%) prostate cancer patients.
- 1 out of 2 (50%) multiple myeloma patients had significant reduction in BJP level.
- In vitro studies showed that AHCC possesses suppressive effects on tumor cell growth.
The high augmentory effect of AHCC and the absence of notable side effects make AHCC a promising immunotherapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer patients.
Best AHCC Supplement Brands Overview
|Brand||ImmunoKinoko||Kinoko Platinum||Kinoko Gold AHCC||NOW Foods AHCC
|Manufacturer||Quality of Life||Quality of Life||Quality of Life||NOW Foods|
AHCC Ovarian Cancer: User Forum Reviews, Results, Testimonials.
- WebMD reviewer feedback:
‘I started taking AHCC after ovarian cancer chemotherapy which left me open for all bugs going around. I don’t even get colds anymore.I really trust this product to keep my immunity high. (9years since diagnosis of cancer no recurrence and they gave me 24 months to live.)
Ovarian Cancer: AHCC Supplement User Reviews and Results